Dental crowns have a variety of uses and benefits. For example, food particles and bacteria can be kept from entering pits or large cavities in the teeth with a dental crown. There are many other reasons why dental crowns could be recommended as an option for you, and there are also many benefits that come with them.
- Broken, cracked or chipped teeth can all be candidates for a dental crown. Not only can the cap restore the tooth to a natural look, but it can provide added strength and protection.
- Root canals often involve exposing the middle of the tooth in order to get to the pulp. Once the space where the pulp once was is filled, then a dental crown can be placed over the tooth to protect it.
- Misshapen teeth can be made aesthetically correct with a dental crown. The affected tooth or teeth will also benefit from added protection from bacteria, as well as added strength and durability.
- Discolored teeth can be restored to a brighter whiter appearance with a dental crown. Also, porcelain dental crowns are difficult to stain, so the new tooth will remain looking great for a long time.
- Badly decayed teeth can be good candidates for dental crowns because they can be restored to a more aesthetically pleasing appearance, while also being reinforced for protection against breaking or chipping.
For your convenience, we can install same-day dental crowns to correct the dental issue right away and to get you back to good oral health. We know that having damaged teeth is not ideal, so if you have damaged, misshapen, or discolored teeth, give us a call today to set up an appointment!
At Northwestern Family Dental Care, we will evaluate your situation to see if a dental crown can fix your dental problems!